Saginaw-area boys basketball rankings for week of Jan. 21:
1. Arthur Hill (6-0): Arthur Hill has gathered momentum during the season, reeling off six straight wins. But the biggest tests await. After a Tuesday game against Mount Pleasant, the Lumberjacks go on the road for back-to-back tests at Davison Thursday and Grand Blanc Friday.
2. Midland High (3-3): Two of Midland High’s three wins are against Bay City Central. The Chemics can get over the .500 mark this week with three games, playing Tuesday at Flint Powers, Friday at home against Lapeer and then traveling Saturday to Cadillac.
3. Heritage (1-3): Tuesday home vs. Davison; Friday at Flint Carman-Ainsworth.
4. Midland Dow (2-4): Tuesday at Flint Carman-Ainsworth; Wednesday home vs. Flint Powers; Friday home vs. Mount Pleasant.
5. Mount Pleasant (0-2): Tuesday at Arthur Hill; Wednesday at Bay City Central; Friday at Midland Dow.
1. Frankenmuth (5-0): Frankenmuth came through with a pair of impressive wins, knocking off Bridgeport and Freeland. The Eagles head into a three-game week with games Tuesday at home against Bay City John Glenn; Thursday at Alma and Saturday at Essexville Garber.
2. Saginaw High (3-2): Standout senior Lavell Brodnex returned to the Saginaw High roster, giving the Trojans another weapon. After losing an overtime decision to Davison, Brodnex joined the Trojans to help beat Mount Pleasant. Saginaw High has a pair of home games this week, taking on Lapeer Tuesday and Grand Blanc Friday.
3. Alma (4-0): Alma earned a win over Essexville Garber, keeping the Panthers undefeated heading into a TVC East gauntlet. The Panthers travel Tuesday to play Bridgeport before home games Thursday against Frankenmuth and Saturday against Freeland.
4. Carrollton (2-1): Carrollton stubbed its toe in a TVC West showdown with Hemlock, but the Cavaliers can right the ship quickly with a game Tuesday against Bullock Creek and a road game Thursday at Saginaw Nouvel. Carrollton finishes the week with a non-conference game at home Saturday against Okemos.
5. Freeland (3-1): Freeland lost its first game of the season, dropping a 51-32 decision to Frankenmuth. The Falcons head into a three-game week with games Tuesday at Birch Run, Thursday at home against Essexville Garber and Saturday at Alma.
6. Bridgeport (3-2): Tuesday home vs. Alma; Thursday at Bay City John Glenn; Saturday at Birch Run.
7. Chesaning (2-0): Wednesday home vs. Byron; Saturday home vs. Montrose.
8. Bullock Creek (2-4): Tuesday at Carrollton; Thursday at Ithaca; Saturday at Saginaw Nouvel.
9. Shepherd (2-3): Wednesday at Gladwin; Friday at Farwell.
10. Caro (1-3): Tuesday at Laker High; Saturday home vs. Bad Axe.
11. Swan Valley (0-5): Tuesday home vs. Essexville Garber; Thursday home vs. Birch Run; Saturday home vs. Bay City John Glenn.
12. Birch Run (0-3): Tuesday home vs. Freeland; Thursday at Swan Valley; Saturday home vs. Bridgeport.
1. Hemlock (6-0): Hemlock capped the week with a big win over a strong Division 2 Carrollton team, with Nolan Finkbeiner joining the 1,000-point club. The Huskies opened a three-game week with a win Monday at Valley Lutheran before games Tuesday at Ithaca and Thursday at home against Millington.
2. Reese (4-0): Reese rolled past Bad Axe and Caro in the Greater Thumb and head into a three-game Greater Thumb week with games Tuesday at Vassar, Thursday at home against Cass City and Saturday at home vs. Unionville-Sebewaing.
3. Michigan Lutheran Seminary (4-2): Seminary’s only two losses have come against Carrollton and Hemlock. The Cardinals have a three-game week and opened with a win Monday against Flint Chase, with a game Tuesday at Standish-Sterling and a home game Thursday against St. Louis.
4. Breckenridge (4-2): Breckenridge opened with four straight wins before losses to Carson City-Crystal and Mount Pleasant Sacred Heart ended the run. The Huskes go on the road Wednesday to St. Charles before a home game Friday against Vestaburg.
5. St. Charles (4-3): After back-to-back losses to a pair of strong Carson City-Crystal and Hemlock teams, the Bulldogs came back with a win over rival Merrill and a win Monday over Montabella. St. Charles returns home for a game Wednesday against Breckenridge and Friday against Ashley.
6. Vassar (3-1): Tuesday home vs. Reese; Thursday at Laker High; Friday home vs. Mount Morris.
7. Sanford Meridian (3-2): Wednesday at Farwell; Friday home vs. Gladwin.
8. Valley Lutheran (1-5): Tuesday at Millington; Thursday at Standish-Sterling.
9. Millington (1-3): Tuesday home vs. Valley Lutheran; Thursday at Hemlock
10. St. Louis (2-3): Tuesday at Saginaw Nouvel; Thursday at Michigan Lutheran Seminary
11. Ithaca (1-3): Tuesday home vs. Hemlock; Thursday home vs. Bullock Creek
12. Saginaw Nouvel (1-2): Tuesday home vs. St. Louis; Thursday home vs. Carrollton; Saturday home vs. Bullock Creek.
13. Merrill (2-5): Friday home vs. Montabella
14. Coleman (3-3): Wednesday at Carson City-Crystal; Friday home vs. MP Sacred Heart.
15. Saginaw Arts & Sciences (1-1).